Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day 57

Day 57. December 27, 2012

Lo and behold. I have clearly taken another step (or two) toward becoming an outward hipster nerd, and not just an inward one. You will note my battle-bear hoodie, which I enjoy thoroughly, since it's ironic and crazy. It seems to me that, looking back at the past few posts, I haven't talked about the actual beard in a long time. For those of you who don't have beards, which I assume is a few of you, I can tell you a couple things that you would think aren't necessarily true about having this thing on my face. One thing is that a lot of people have asked me if it's itchy. While I have had some problems with skin irritation in the past, this version of my beard has been nothing but glorious for me. It does keep me very warm, and I am extremely happy to have it in this crazy, blustery winter time. People have asked me if it's hard to keep in the definite shape it seems to be in. Actually I don't trim a whole lot, and I think that would be a lot more obvious if you were to see me in person. I have been asked if a lot more people find me intimidating with the beard, and my answer to that is that a smile seems to get rid of about ninety percent of the intimidation factor. I have had to deal with the fact that, relaxed, my face looks sad, for my entire life. I've been able to fix that by just smiling all the time. Then again, smiling all the time seems to fix a lot of other problems as well. That's all I have tonight. Sorry for those who were looking for something more philosophical tonight, but I figured a break from that would do us all a little good.

No comments:

Post a Comment