Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 35

Day 35. December 5, 2012.

Yes. I decided to go "in-Cogswell-nito" tonight for my late night practice session. They hype is on. For us music majors, this is the week some of us love and some of us dread. For me personally, this is probably the most fun week of all. There are auditions, juries, playing tests, theory exams, reports due, and I am just loving every moment of it. What makes it all worth it for me is the audition process. Competition has always been something I have enjoyed, and I oddly don't think I get enough of it here at IUP. Yes, the members of the trombone studio are always pushing each other to be better musicians, but, above all, we're a big family, at least I think. There's that one day a semester, however, when we're giving it our all, and we're all on our toes until the results have been posted. I wish I could feel like this all year. I need to start up a pickleball league or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment