Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Day 55

Day 55. December 25, 2012

Ah yes, Christmas Day. The only day in the year where I will voluntarily wake up at the crack of dawn without absolutely needing to. I reading through my Facebook news feed over the course of the day, from the midnight hour, where everyone posts their special personalized "Merry Christmas" status, expecting to get tons of likes for their attempt to spread the cheer, to the statuses and photos people post when they find out Santa brought them their special gift they always wanted, to the ones at night where people let the world know that the movie they just watched, in theaters or at home, is the greatest movie of all time. That being said, Les Miserables was one of the finest works in cinema history. I went in with the highest of hopes, and I was still blown completely away. My friends made fun of me, because, at several points throughout the movie, my sensitive side took over, and I was brought to tears. I keep telling myself that that rarely happens, but more and more works of media are doing that to me lately (Doctor Who also caused that to happen awhile back). If you haven't seen it, please do it. You'll love it. And now I'm looking to find a date and go see Django Unchained. Maybe that will make me feel more like a man. As the Christmas season came and is now beginning its descent in our hearts, something comes to mind. People often look for and hope for Christmas miracles, and are disappointed when one doesn't show itself to them. I like to think that Christmas miracles are alive and well. The fact that we still keep Christ involved, the fact that family is still a primary focus, the fact that people are still out there giving instead of receiving, those are all Christmas miracles. I think every day we continue to live and love is a miracle. Cherish the life you have, the feelings you feel, and the people around you. Now, that's something miraculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment