Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 30

Day 30. November 30, 2012

It seems right that I'm home tonight. I live 2 and a half hours away from where I go to school, so being home for even a few nights is an oddity outside of vacations, but, through an odd turn of events, I'm here. As I type this, my computer tells me it is now December. The beginnings of months are always interesting in my mind, but this one is much more than that. I learned a lot over the course of this month. I've grown a lot, and my facial hair isn't far behind. As we approach the holiday season, my message to you, the reader, is to just love as much as you can. The holidays have become so much about material objects and thinking about oneself, and it's hard not to get sucked into that, since we're only human. But my challenge to you is to tell someone close to you that you love them once a day. It doesn't seem like a whole lot, but it means the world to people, trust me.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Happy December. Things are about to get very interesting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment